Veggie crepes - Neha Deepak Shah
For the Crepe Batter:
-1 cup Lean Green Blend from @thebetterflour
-1 cup Water (This might Vary)
For the filling -
-1 tsp Oil
-2 to 3 Cloves of Garlic
-1 Green Chilli
-1/2 cup Mixed Bell Peppers
-1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms Salt , Pepper & Chilli Flakes
-Handful of Spinach
-Some Cottage Cheese , Cherry tomatoes
For the filling:
- Saute some garlic, chilli, mixed bell peppers, mushrooms and season it
- Cook it until the spinach wilts and your filling is ready
For the crepes:
- Take 1 cup of Lean Green Flour Blend
- Add 3/4th cup of hot water and mix it well to avoid lumps
- Heat the tawa and add two spoons of batter on it - Spread the batter on the tawa and flip it once cooked
- Add the fillings and cheese of your choice
- Fold it and your crepes are ready to serve
- In a large mixing bowl take 2 cup
Original flour blend, ¼ tsp baking
soda and 1 tsp baking powder and ¾ tsp
salt. Mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp oil, ¼ cup curd and 1 tsp
garlic. Mix well
- Further, add water as required and
knead to a smooth and soft dough.
- Grease the dough with oil, cover and
rest for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile prepare garlic butter by
mixing 3 tbsp butter, 1 tsp garlic and 2
tbsp coriander. after 2 hours, knead the
dough slightly to remove if any air
present in the dough pinch a ball sized
- Gently roll to oval shape using a rolling
pin. Make sure you do not make too thin
nor thick and also keep the size in mind.
It should not be larger than your tawa
- Grease with water over naan. Make sure
you coat uniformly (helps naan to stick
on tawa) furthermore, slowly flip over
and put it on hot tawa. Remember, be
gentle and put the water coated side
down to tawa.
- Slightly press. This helps the naan to
stick on to the tawa and when you flip
the tawa upside down it will be intact.
- Now after a minute, flip the tawa upside
down and cook naan directly on flame till they turn golden brown.
- Also brush with some prepared garlic
butter mixed with coriander leaves.
Gently scrape the naan from the bottom
- Finally, serve garlic naan hot with your
favourite curry like mattar paneer.