Healthy Chowmien - thatindiancurry
Palak Patta Chat
For the roti:
- 3 cups of Robust Red Flour Blend
For the chowmein::
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 2-3 Chillies
- 1 cup Veggies of your choice
- 1 tbsp Red chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Green chilli sauce
- ½ tbsp Vinegar
- ½ tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 cup Boiled noodles
Making the roti :
Take Better flours robust red blend flour - 3 cups and to it Add Water as required, kned into a semi soft dough and let it rest for 10 mins. Take a small portion and roll it into a chapati and cook it on both sides in a tawa
Making Chowmien :
In a pan, heat some oil and saute ginger garlic and green chillies for a minute Add veggies of choice and saute for couple of mins. Add red chilli sauce, green chilli sauce, soy sauce and vinegar, cook for 3-4 mins. Add boiled noodles and mix it well, garnish with spring onion greens
Assembling the roll :
Take the chapati and add chowmien Add some more green chilli sauce and red chilli sauce Add spring onion greens and roll it Wrap it and serve it hot
- In a large mixing bowl take 2 cup
Original flour blend, ¼ tsp baking
soda and 1 tsp baking powder and ¾ tsp
salt. Mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp oil, ¼ cup curd and 1 tsp
garlic. Mix well
- Further, add water as required and
knead to a smooth and soft dough.
- Grease the dough with oil, cover and
rest for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile prepare garlic butter by
mixing 3 tbsp butter, 1 tsp garlic and 2
tbsp coriander. after 2 hours, knead the
dough slightly to remove if any air
present in the dough pinch a ball sized
- Gently roll to oval shape using a rolling
pin. Make sure you do not make too thin
nor thick and also keep the size in mind.
It should not be larger than your tawa
- Grease with water over naan. Make sure
you coat uniformly (helps naan to stick
on tawa) furthermore, slowly flip over
and put it on hot tawa. Remember, be
gentle and put the water coated side
down to tawa.
- Slightly press. This helps the naan to
stick on to the tawa and when you flip
the tawa upside down it will be intact.
- Now after a minute, flip the tawa upside
down and cook naan directly on flame till they turn golden brown.
- Also brush with some prepared garlic
butter mixed with coriander leaves.
Gently scrape the naan from the bottom
- Finally, serve garlic naan hot with your
favourite curry like mattar paneer.